Saturday 15 September 2012

Car boot haul!

Ever since joining YouTube and watching people like 'athrifymrs' and 'thefashioncitizen' I learnt that thrifting or bargaining is a great way to pick up some AWESOME pieces at super cheap prices. So I set out to find some cool things on the cheap.

However this never happened for me because the charity shops near me seem to sell nothing but shapeless and dull clothing. Last weekend though I decided I would go to a car boot and test my luck. Luckily I did pick up some items which I'm sooo proud of so I want to share it with you guys in the form of a lovely little haul!

The first thing I picked up from a stall was something I couldn't believe I found. It's the gorgeous dress above. Firstly, its a TopShop dress which is just amazing, It was a TINY £2! Can you believe that? It was a size 10 which is a little big as I'm size 8 but it's not a problem as it still fits me quite snugly! Its a long body con dress with gorgeous peter pan collars! I am probably going to fold the dress in at the bottom and wear it as a top with some trousers and a blazer! It's a great way to snazz up an all black outfit.


The second thing I got was this ring, some of you guys may recognise it from Primark, where it is probably going for £2.50 or so? I tried it on and it was the perfect size, and the best thing is I got it in exchange for a beautiful 50 pence coin ;)!



This buy is probably my favourite one, everything about it is so perfect. It's a black silk square scarf (try saying that out loud really fast!). The scarf was in very good condition, and the best thing was it was once again ONLY 50p! It has a gorgeous gold chain design on the scarf and it's a Next scarf. This would be perfect as a neck scarf or a turban hijab!


The last thing I bought was this necklace, I spotted it as I was about to leave the car boot and just asked the lady how much it was, she said 50p, but I only had 30p in change and didn't want to break a note, so I had a spur of the moment thought and decided to have a cheeky go at haggling.. Definitely wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It sorta went like this 'I only have 30p in change, would you be willing to take that? *cute smile*' 'Yeah course take it.' In my head I was like 'WOO BRAP YAY YIPPEE' but in person I stayed calm and collected, paid the measly 30 pence and welcomed my new necklace to my handbag.

So that there was my little haul, I got a dress, scarf, a ring and a necklace all for £3.30. Wasn't a bad morning eh?

Hope you enjoyed reading my adventures, goooooodbye x 


4 comments: